Hello!

Welcome to the honeymoon blog of the new Mr and Mrs Frank! We want to say a huge thank you to all of you for joining in our wedding celebrations... and an even bigger thank you for all your generous contributions towards our honeymoon fund. We'll be using this site to keep you all up to date with our round the world adventure. Keep logging on to see what we're up to (while you're at work in the cold - tee hee!)

Thursday 20 January 2011

Day 75

Saturday 15th January 2011

Oh dear god, I have scarcely had a worse hangover than this. There appears to be some rudimentary mining going on behind my eye balls, somebody has poored sand into my mouth during the night as some kind of sick joke and strangely my legs feel like they’ve done a marathon. Yep, buckets of whiskey and coke in Bangkok defiantly got the better of me.

4 hours after Skyping the parents we were awake again, lying in bed debating who should go out and get hangover cure McDonalds, this took a further four hours until we conceded that we should go out together, so after a shower and a vigorous cleaning of teeth we went back out and headed back to the scene of last nights alcohlic crimes, the Koa San Road.

No more than 20 ft onto Koa San I heard a faint “eeuurgghh ey ey ey!” I looked to my right to see one of my accomplices from last nights debaucherous festivities sat on the side of the road, cuddling a cup of hot coffee. It was Canadian John looking decidedly rough and not sounding too clever either. He was sat in almost the same seats we were in last night as he was staying upstairs. This was John’s 3rd day in Bangkok and so far he hadn’t made it off this road, he’d barely made it out this bar! We joined him for breakfast and wolfed down bacon, eggs, sausage, coffee and orange juice and then sat discussing the previous nights tales like old friends. John's a quick witted guy with a sense of humour from way out of left field and we all got on famously,

 
We spent the next hour or so coming up with different ways to annoy the constant stream of street sellers. Which mainly involved picking something off the tray from the previous seller that the one infront of us didn’t have and then convincing them that what we really wanted was a huge Zippo lighter or frog whatever they where missing from there tray, they would tell the other sellers what we wanted and by the time they got back to us we had obviously changed our minds again. Funnily enough it never got boring.

After unanimously deciding that we were all definitely still drunk and in fear of a double dip hangover heading our way we ordered beer, and that, as they say, was the end of Saturday.


By 14:00 I was already on to my fourth San Miguel and setting a blistering pace, leaving John in my wake. Suz eventually conceded defeat and ordered herself a beer and by tea we were well on our way. John disappeared on a couple of occasions, once for a shower, others for cigarettes but we mainly spent the day as a threesome, laughing the kind of laugh that only three drunks can manage. The more we drank, the more people we invited to our table. We had a Polish guy called Simon, a Swiss bloke called Marcus and French fella


and French fella who Suz spoke to in her best GCSE French, when I asked what she was saying the fella told me that Suz said she was 12 years old, had no brothers or sisters but did have two guinea pigs, that’s GCSE French for you right there. I'd have joined in asking where the local swimming pool was in my best GCSE french but I was otherwise engaged in a thumb war with a five year old. (which I won, go me!)


There were lots of people crammed in around us too, a Thai lady who was sat with the French guy bought a bag of randomly deep fried insects, being drunk and brave I tried deep fried maggots and deep fried scorpion. Yum.


The street sellars continued to pester us (they aren’t half determined them Koa San Sellars) and eventually we caved in spectacular style. We bought two frogs, Simon got himself one too.


Then it was that time of the night to buy hats, I stepped it up from the previous night and went for a traditional Thai hat instead, I think I look rather jaunty.


Needless to say it was downhill from here on in, at last count I’d had 18 beers and I’m not sure how many more went down after that, Suz, incredibly had drunk herself sober. We left the rabble around midnight and headed back to the room, knowing all too well that we had a full day of travel awaiting us tomorrow and that double dip hangover would surely catch up with me at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment