Hello!

Welcome to the honeymoon blog of the new Mr and Mrs Frank! We want to say a huge thank you to all of you for joining in our wedding celebrations... and an even bigger thank you for all your generous contributions towards our honeymoon fund. We'll be using this site to keep you all up to date with our round the world adventure. Keep logging on to see what we're up to (while you're at work in the cold - tee hee!)

Thursday 25 November 2010

Day 22

Tuesday 23rd November 2010

Another early start but today should be an easy day as all we have to do is get the local bus to Puno.



We are pleasantly surprised that we do not even have to walk to the bus station as we have minibus transfer and even more pleasantly surprised when we see the local bus. We have spacious reclining seats with leg rests and there is even a toilet on board. I appreciate that I seem to be blogging about toilets on an almost daily basis but believe me you don’t realise how important these things are to you until you are deprived of the most basic of human rights – a seat, loo roll and a flushing mechanism!

We set off and tucked into our home made breakfast of cream cheese and ham sarneys. Erin and Callum were digging into their homemade butties too - Cheese and Fanny Mustard ( i'm not being rude, enlarge the pic and check out the mustard bottle)




There was even a DVD to watch – The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock.

I thought that the trip was going to pass without event – how wrong could I be? I also thought I was accustomed to the altitude but as we climbed steadily higher and higher to an all time high of 4838m I began to feel sicker and sicker. I tried to sleep it off and ignore Franky who, completely unaffected, was tucking into his second round of sandwiches of the day. Unfortuately the altitude won and it wasn’t long before I was thankful that we’d brought along extra carrier bags as I had my head stuck in one. I feel that karma was playing it’s part as Franky who had blissfully slept through my middle of the night packing now had my bags of chunder to deal with. That’s love right there that is!

Now you’d think once you’d been sick you’d feel better but no – I thought I might hold out but less than 10 mins from our hotel I filled my second carrier bag. There was no-one more delighted than me to reach our destination, check in and curl up in bed. The bonus was this was also the nicest hotel we’d had by far. It even had a bath!!!!

Franky went to the briefing meeting, had a couple of drinks with the group and went out for pizza. I mostly threw up, slept and watched Friends with Spanish subtitles. When he returned I was feeling well enough to utilise the facilities – I had a bath! And then we settled in for another early night, with another early start looming in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment